Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Handbag, handbag, where are you?

How could I have lost it, where is it? My life could fall apart without it. The thought of potentially losing my handbag that contains my daily activities, schedule, and other personal items sends shivers down my spine.

The contents of my purse: receipts, loose dollar bills, and change, expensive makeup and mobile phone. Business cards, pens, toothbrush, toothpaste, and gum. Wallet contents: driver license, bankcard, credit card, Costco card, and Starbucks card – Although one might assume I drink coffee, I do not. I love Green Tea.

The person that finds my handbag will find an expensive purse and matching wallet that could fetch a pretty penny on eBay. The finder would see a very messy main compartment with receipts, change and some dollar bills floating around loosely. One might think that the owner of such a purse is not very organized. However, if they were to look in the other smaller compartments, they would see organization, toothbrush, and toothpaste in a small zip lock bag, lipsticks and makeup separated into their own compartments. Business cards, PDA and pens in their own separate areas. The finder might surmise that I have a busy schedule and perhaps am racing around town to complete errands, and that I just throw things in the main compartment in hopes of organizing it later. Alternatively, they could think that I am just lazy. In the end, the finder might think I am pretentious and that I do not have any regard for what I have.

The contents of my purse and wallet do not tell the whole story. There are many things askew. What the finder does not see is that I am overwhelmed. I have a fast paced, highly stressful job that is very demanding. Hence, the main compartment of my handbag. I just go and throw my daily acquisitions of notes, receipts, and change into the middle. I do not have a lot of downtime. I struggle with work/life balance. They would not see that I have lost hair due to stress, and find it difficult to take time away from work. They would not see that I am a woman that struggles with yo-yo dieting. They would not see my broken heart or that I have trouble sleeping. The finder would not know that tears well up in my eyes every time I see a child because I long to be a parent, and have struggled for years with conception.

The finder would not see how much love that I have to give, and how grateful I am, to have been given the life that I have.

3 comments:

  1. Tiff,

    Wow. That's all I can say. Your post has so much depth, so much emotion - I feel like I've known you for more than just a week. You are such a sweet person, its hard to see you in a sad or distressed state. I'm so sorry about your struggle with conception, but I know for sure you'll be blessed soon, enough. Thanks so much for opening up, I enjoyed reading it very much. Am looking forward to your other posts.

    Kalii D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kalii, thank you for coming to my blog. I apologize for the format. I tried to go back in and change it, but it was too late. So, my apologies if it was hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff,

    Your welcome. And there was nothing wrong with the format on my end, all was just fine to read. Thank you for the concern, though.

    ReplyDelete